< Return to Yuzz News
• Kevin toured Belgium and Holland with The Cowlicks during late October/early November, 2006. Read Kevin's Belgium Blog or vist the Cowlick's website for more info and pictures.
• A busy and exciting few years for APE -- more info at APE's website:
- Numerous large corporate and other private parties throughout California, most recently at the new Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco and headlining the 10th year of the Tiki Oasis festival in San Diego. Other highlights have included private events at the Tonga Room in SF and on the mountain at Squaw Valley's High Camp;
- The first annual Catalina Tiki Festival in August 2006;
- The Hukilau in Florida in September 2006, performing a special Billy Mure set of songs with Billy Mure himself.
• Kevin's "Drum and Percussion Lifter" continues to sell worldwide through Drum Workshop. Link to DW Drum Lift 9909 for more information.
• Kevin completes soundtrack production for "State of the Game," a documentary by film maker Ben Gardella about the rising national adult wiffle ball craze. See and hear clips at Yuzz Music Soundtracks.
• APE headlines at the Tiki Oasis IV festival in Palm Springs. See pics at APE's website.
• APE headlines the Catalyst in Santa Cruz for the "Ocean Revolution" ocean awareness fundraiser with the Mother Hips and the Mermen. Check out this Concert Poster. See pics at APE's website.
• "Little Friends TV" children's movie released with soundtrack produced by Kevin. See and hear clips at Yuzz Music Soundtracks.
• APE opens for Blondie at the Warner Brothers Studios in Burbank. See pics at APE's website.
• Kevin's "Drum and Percussion Lifter," which he invented, patented, and licensed to Drum Workshop, is available at most music stores. Check out this latest Modern Drummer Review, or link to DW Drum Lift 9909 for more information.
• Ned Evett's song "Transcendental Floss," with Kevin on tablas, featured on NPR's "All Songs Considered." Hear a clip at Yuzz Music Bands & Recordings.
• Kevin, with Crazy Al from APE, records Polynesian loops for a Tiki Toy. Hear them at Yuzz Music Loop Design.
• Kevin's "Drum & Percussion Lifter," which he invented, patented, and licensed to Drum Workshop, hits the stores. Check out this first Modern Drummer Review, or link to DW Drum Lift 9909 for more information.
• Kevin adds Roland V-Drums to his equipment list, for increased studio session versatility.
• Ape's "Jungle Gems" album reviwed in Guitar Player Magazine.
• Kevin's collection of audio loops and MIDI sequences, "E-Grooves, Vol. 1 - UrbanJungleTrip," continues to sell as a SoundFont bundle.
• Kevin joins Drum Workshop Artist Roster.
• Kevin's "E-Grooves, Vol. 1 - UrbanJungleTrip" launches as a SoundFont technology bundle through Creative and E-mu Systems.
• Kevin records percussion on Matt Nathanson's album "When Everything Meant Everything," available at www.mattnathanson.com.
• Kevin's grooves used in E-mu System's "Planet Earth" sound module. See Loop Design for soundclips.
• Creative's "Blaster Keys" MIDI keyboard controller uses Yuzz's groove loops: See Loop Design for soundclips.